Monday, January 30, 2012

The Trouble with Knowledge

I find that it is so much easier living in ignorant bliss.  You hear of things that are on the periphery of knowledge from the organic foodie movement to the ugliness of human trafficking.  For  a while, it is understandable to avoid the knowledge by avoiding the interaction. As conversations at the park move to food choices, I choose to push my child on the swing.  Just as soon as someone begins to speak of documentaries, I begin to pack up our lunches.  I envision bubbles of information that float around my head and I conveniently duck and move to avoid it breaking open on me.

But soon enough, those same bubbles keep showing up wherever you are and it becomes hard to deny that a message is trying to be sent through these channels.

So you let a bubble pop open on you.  And you are never the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment